- Examples of applications
- Organic Photovoltaics
Being thin, light-weight and flexible, new applications that cannot be realized by conventional Si-based photovoltaics become possible.
Features of OPV Technology
Organic Photovoltaics provide key differentiating features compared with traditional photovoltaic technology including:
- Thin and lightweight form factor.
- Flexible and conformable devices in a range of shapes.
- Improved performance under standard testing conditions.
- Integration of semi-transparent modules into multifunctional BIPV which may additionally provide UV, heat and sound insulation.
- Our advanced near infra-red absorbing materials allow enhanced transparency compared to other visible absorbing materials and cells.
OPV modules can be fabricated on plastic substrates, which enables devices that are thin, light-weight, flexible and even transparent, which expands the range of OPV applications including car sunroofs and building terraces. They also can be produced by a roll-to-roll process using printing methods, which consumes less energy than crystalline silicon OPV as well as being low cost & high throughput.
Examples of transparency of modules at midday sunlight and sunset conditions
Features of materials
Our OPV material absorbs light up to 900 nm, which helps to enhance the efficiency of the OPV device.
- Photovoltaic cell performances
- Single cell: 8.5% Power Conversion Efficiency (PCE)